Thursday 9 December 2010

About my newspaper

I have decided to create a local newspaper for an audience from the area of Croydon in South London.

I have decided to give the newspaper the title of Croydon Weekly. I felt that, that particular name would give the message to my audience that my stores are up to date and relevant to the people of Croydon, which would therefore come across as informative.

In terms of sizing of my newspaper , it will be laid out in an A3 format. I chose this particular size due to the fact that my newspaper style will be tabloid and i felt that this was the ideal size.

The newspaper would be produced on a weekly basis due to the fact that it is a suitable time period to gather all the main stories that will be most captivating for my audience.

The newspaper will come at a cost of 20p to the consumers and additionally will be funded by advertisements by charging companies to advertise in the newspaper to generate revenue.

In terms of competition within the Croydon area , there are 2 other newspapers which are the Croydon Advertiser and the the Croydon Guardian. In addition to this there is also the South London Press which covers the whole South London area.

I will carry out market research by using social network site 'Facebook' for my audience to feedback and complete a questionnaire. In addition to this I will print out copies of my questionnaire to hand out in which  i can get a broader response from my audience. This is to ensure i get a variety of different demographics to help make key decisions in regards to my newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment